After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and google analytics
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers email address, and phone number.
- Customer support information
- Purpose of collection: Used for contact purposes
- Source of collection: User submitted
- Disclosure for a business purpose:
- Personal Information collected: Email, name, phone number
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Customer support tickets or inquiries. Correspondence between you and our support team. Feedback or survey responses related to support interactions.
Personal Information collected:
- Customer support tickets or inquiries
- Correspondence between you and our support team
- Feedback or survey responses related to support interactions.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you. For example:
Shopify: We use Shopify to power our online store. You can learn how Shopify uses your Personal Information here.
Legal Compliance: We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As mentioned earlier, we use your Personal Information to present you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe you might find interesting. For instance:
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how our customers navigate our Site. You can learn more about how Google utilizes your Personal Information. If you wish, you can opt out of Google Analytics here.
Shopify Audiences: To help curate ads on other websites for our advertising partners targeted at buyers who made transactions with other Shopify merchants and who might be interested in our offerings. Additionally, we share data about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email linked with your purchases with Shopify Audiences. Through this platform, other Shopify merchants may suggest offers you might find appealing.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
At clairamor, we utilize your Personal Information to offer our services. This encompasses: showcasing products for sale, handling payments, ensuring the shipping and fulfillment of your orders, and updating you about our latest products, services, and promotions.
[INCLUDE THIS SECTION IF YOUR STORE OPERATES IN EUROPE OR IF YOU SERVE CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
Lawful Basis for Processing
In alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if you reside within the European Economic Area (EEA), we process your personal data under the following lawful bases:
[INCLUDE THOSE THAT ARE RELEVANT TO YOUR BUSINESS]
- You've given your consent.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and clairamor.
- We're complying with our legal obligations.
- It's necessary to protect your vital interests.
- We're performing a task for the public interest.
- We're processing based on our legitimate interests, which don't infringe upon your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Retention of Data
Whenever you make a purchase through clairamor, we store your Personal Information in our records. This retention will continue until you request its deletion. For more insights on your erasure rights, kindly refer to the 'Your Rights' section (which should be included in your policy).
For those residing in the EEA, you hold the right to challenge decisions made purely on automated processes (inclusive of profiling) if such decisions have legal implications on you or significantly impact you.
At clairamor, we [DO/DO NOT] participate in fully automated decision-making that bears legal or other significant effects using customer data.
However, our processor, Shopify, employs limited automated decision-making to deter fraud. This does not have a legal or substantial effect on you. Services that consist of automated decision-making elements are:
- Temporarily blacklisting IP addresses linked with consecutive failed transactions. This blacklist is maintained for a brief period of hours.
- Temporarily blacklisting credit cards connected to blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist lasts for a short span of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address above.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
[Be sure to check this list against Shopify’s current list of cookies on the merchant storefront: https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies ]
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.||2y|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.||24h|
|_shopify_country||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|_shopify_m||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||1y|
|_shopify_tm||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||30min|
|_shopify_tw||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.||1min|
|c||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ver||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||4w|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||Used in connection with checkout.||30min|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|keep_alive||Used in connection with buyer localization.||2w|
|master_device_id||Used in connection with merchant login.||2y|
|previous_step||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|remember_me||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.||20y|
|shopify_pay||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|shopify_pay_redirect||Used in connection with checkout.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on value|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.||2y|
|tracked_start_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|checkout_one_experiment||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify and Google Analytics.||session|
[INSERT OTHER COOKIES OR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT YOU USE]
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: [Add contact information or website for the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. For example: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/]
Last updated: 10/18/23